Thursday, August 04, 2005

Summer 2005


Summer; July 2005

So what do I want to be when I grow up? I’m still a work in progress!
After a career of almost 20 years as a registered medical technologist and 10+ years a professional artist, I discovered a desire for more life long learning.


I recently graduated from Oglala Lakota College with a BS Degree in Elementary Education, K-8; Art, K-12; Certified Special Education, K-12.
I’ve been teaching on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota for the past 5 years and will be teaching at Oglala Lakota College this fall, 2005.

This summer, I worked with middle and high school students in summer honors’ programs.




INMED/HCOP (Indians in Medicine) is a 6 week honors program, with Oglala Lakota College for high school students, who attended classes and engaged learning activities. This prepares students for a career in the medical field. I taught science, biomedical technology emphasizing the clinical laboratory.


In July I went to University of South Dakota to help with the Gifted & Talented Institute working with middle and high school students. Students attended classes in performing arts, science, communication arts, and technology. The students were excited and excelled in everything they experienced.
Students from Pine Ridge (Kyle) and Rosebud Indian Reservation attended this Governor’s Camp honors program at The University of South Dakota. Dr Tim Duggan headed USD’s Gifted & Talented Institute and the Governor’s Camp.

No comments: