Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Cruise with my sister and friend of many years!

September 2, 2005
In August, my sister Jo Ann, and I went on a cruise to the Yucatan Peninsula to experience coral reefs, ancient Mayan Pyramids, Central American lifestyle, and (of course) enjoy the cruise ship atmosphere and food, and almost rubbed elbows with Hurricane Katrina. We could see the edge of the hurricane with thunder and lightening just to the east of the ship.





It was an experience that we both enjoyed and will remember. We docked about the time Hurricane Katrina hit shore just east of us.





We also met some great new friends and participated in shore excursions including submarine dives.












Snorkeling and Cozumel Beach were relaxing adventures in the holiday cruise.


It’s great to have sisters that you’re best friend with after __ years and I have 2, my younger and older. Darlene & I graduated from Gatesville High School, 1971 & 1975.

No comments: